The Rheumatology service at The Karen Hospital provides both outpatient and inpatient care to patients with autoimmune and metabolic bone diseases. We aim to help patients achieving remission and improve their quality of life. Our mission is to achieve the best clinical outcomes by delivering holistic patient care. We actively encourage patients’ empowerment in their own care and treatment. To ensure comprehensive care for the multifaceted illnesses we treat, we foster a collegial environment and work closely with our colleagues from allied health professions, medical and surgical specialities.
Our Clinical Services:
- General Rheumatology Services.
- Inflammatory arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthritis.
- Degenerative arthritis including osteoarthritis.
- Crystal-induced arthritis including gout and pseudogout.
- Autoimmune/ Connective tissue diseases including systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, systemic vasculitis, and inflammatory myositis.
- Steroid-induced Osteoporosis.