Located on the third floor the Nairobi Heart Clinic offers a full range of cardiac services, including emergency treatment of heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart failure, management of heart diseases, surgery and rehabilitation. The Karen Hospital’s cardiac programme is one of the most active programmes in the country.
The world class services offered under this programme are steered by a premier cardiac in house team which comprises of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeon, vascular specialists, cardiac anaesthetists, perfussionists, cardiac and ICU nurses, theatre technicians among others. They are dedicated to providing exceptional patient care and also achieve excellent clinical outcomes 24/7.
We have state of the art equipment including an ultramodern Cardiac Catheterisation suite, 3Tesla MRI and well equipped operating theatre amongst others.
- We carry out over 9,000 procedures annually which include:
- Exercise Stress Test
- Coronary Angiogram
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Pace maker Insertion
- CRTP and/or CRTD implantation
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Device Closures (ASD &PDA)
- Paediatric Cardiac Catheterization
- TEE (Transesophageal Echo)
- IVC Filter
- BMV (Balloon Mitral Valvotomy)
Open Heart surgeries
- Valve Replacement
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Closure of VSD and ASD
- Aneurysm Resection
- PDA closure
- TOF (Tetralogy of Fallot) and Bental