Disorders of the digestive system and gastrointestinal diseases are treated at The Karen Hospital through surgeries in gastroenterology. The stomach, oesophagus and intestines are operated on in these surgeries as well as gallbladder, pancreas and liver.
The dedicated team of leading gastroenterologists, endoscopists, radiologists and surgeons, pay attention to detail and incorporates their comprehensive knowledge to gastrointestinal tract to provide optimal health care for patients.
This department is well supported by state-of-art equipment and provides treatment of international standards.
Treatment and procedures
- Gastric Banding
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy
- Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Liver Biopsy – routine, transjugular biopsies and hepatic portal vein gradient measurements (HVPG)
- Placement of feeding tubes – gastrostomy (PEG) and jejunostomy tubes.
- Liver transplant work up
- Oesophageal surgery
- Gastric resections
- Hernia Repair
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Colon-rectal surgery
- Liver resection