The Dermatology service at The Karen Hospital provides both outpatient and inpatient services for the diagnosis and management of dermatological conditions affecting people of all ages. The team of dermatologists at hospital have the experience and expertise to treat almost any skin conditions and will decide on the best course of treatment for patients. They are equally adept at performing a wide range of surgical and aesthetic dermatological procedures. A unique strength of the outpatient service is the close collaborative practice among both dermatologists and plastic and cosmetic surgeons at The Karen Hospital, providing a one-stop service for all skin-related conditions.
Our clinical services include;
- Medical dermatology- we treat conditions such as atopic eczema, psoriasis, chronic urticaria, acne and hair loss.
- Surgical dermatology- we offer surgical treatments for benign skin growths such as warts, tags, cysts; as well as a range of cancerous skin problems such as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and Bowen’s disease. Skin cancer screening is also offered to patients at risk of developing skin cancer.
- Aesthetic dermatology-reats common cosmetic skin conditions such as sun spots, age spots and melasma.
Diseases and Conditions We Treat
- Inflammatory disorders (eczema, psoriasis, vasculitis etc)
- Hair, nails and scalp disorders (hair loss, scalp problems, fungal nails etc)
- Pigmentation disorders (melasma, lentigo, vitiligo etc)
- Skin cancers (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, mole surveillance etc)
- Skin infections and infestations (bacterial infection, viral infection, fungal infection etc)
- Scarring problems (keloids, hypertrophic scarring etc)