The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road. We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients. With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond. The Karen Hospital proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
RADIOGRAPHER/SONOGRAPHER MERU BRANCH REF No: IMAGING/01/2021
The role holder will be responsible for providing quality ultrasound services to our clients, reviewing and analyzing reports and producing the same for physician review.
Receiving of patients for various Radiological procedures and exercising a high degree of customer care by explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Assessing patients and interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic technique
- Perform a range of radiographic/sonographic examinations as requested according to the requirements of the referring physician.
- Ensure radiation protection to patients and staff to produce high-quality images.
- Managing referrals to ensure patients receive a radiation dose as low as reasonably possible and safely supervising visiting staff and patients in radiation work areas.
- Enabling high quality patient experience including quality of care and optimal turnaround time
- Facilitating adherence to set standard for routine and special examinations.
- Producing images of high diagnostic quality.
- Performing routine and special radiological examinations including mobile radiography and image intensifier when required.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and maintaining the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Performing the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed and ensuring the images are of best quality.
- Minimum requirement:
- Diploma and/ or Degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- Valid practice licence
- At least 3 years relevant working experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organization and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail; presentable, professionalism.
- Confidence in using leading-edge technologies.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Good customer service skills.
I you can send your CV to us via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number
Deadline for submission is 15th January 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted