The Karen Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital founded by eminent Cardiologists, Dr. Betty Gikonyo and Dr. Dan Gikonyo. This institution aims at according the highest standards of medical care to all its patients indiscriminately.
Apart from offering services such as diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation, palliative care, emergency, surgical and critical care we also educate the next generation of healthcare professionals through The Karen Hospital Medical Training College.
We have a capacity of 103 beds with 3 operation theatres and 26 specialties. We have also established 9 satellite clinics in different parts of Kenya. This is in a bid to bring quality and affordable medical care closer to the people. These satellite clinics are in Nairobi CBD, Nakuru, Thika, Nyeri, Meru, Karatina, Ngong, Ongata Rongai and Kitengela. Soon, more clinics will be launched in other parts of Kenya. This will go a long way towards reducing the influx of patients to Nairobi for medical services.
To be an influential healthcare provider offering teaching, research and referral facilities for the African region.
To provide specialized evidence based healthcare services and referral facilities for Africa.
- Patient is First – Prioritize patient health, safety and offer personalized experience
- Team work – Embrace a collaborative and participatory approach to work towards a common goal, world class clinical outcomes.
- Quality in service delivery – Pursue excellence in everything we do with continuous improvements in quality and service in a cost effective manner.
- Integrity - Our actions must be consistent with our beliefs, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes
- Diversity – Value and respect the differences of the patients and families who seek our care as well as those who provide it